Mexborough & Swinton Astronomical Society
Rules for the Issue of Keys
Parent Category: Society
- Keys are only available to adult members of the Society. Keys cannot be issued to junior members.
- Members must apply for keys in writing to the Secretary.
- The Executive Committee will consider applications with regard to the following criteria:
- Health and safety
- Competence of the applicant to use the equipment or premises
- The Curator of Instruments and Observatory is responsible for the physical issuing of all keys.
- The Curator of Instruments and Observatory will maintain a list of key holders.
- Any keys issued are the responsibility of the key holder and must only be used by the key holder.
- A one-off "standard key charge" will be made for the issue of keys. The Executive Committee may set the rate of the standard key charge from time to time.
- The standard key charge will be displayed at the meeting room.
- The Treasurer is responsible for all monies regarding the issue of keys.
- All keys issued by Mexborough & Swinton Astronomical Society for its property, equipment and premises remain the property of the Society. The Executive Committee has the power to demand the return of any keys issued at any time.
- Members must return any Keys to the Society in the event of them failing to renew their subscription.
- When requested, members must return any keys within the period specified by the Executive Committee.
- Any member of the Executive Committee may, with good reason, request the return of any keys issued. A receipt will be issued for any keys.
- Members may appeal to the Executive Committee against the decision to have their keys withdrawn
- When members return keys to the Society a refund equal to one half of the standard key charge will be paid.
- Keys must not be copied.
- Keys must not be marked or identified in any way.
These rules have been approved and adopted by the Executive Committee in accordance with clause D, sub-clause (9) of the Constitution and are deemed to form part of the Rules of Membership.